Toronto Integration Services | Children with Special Needs
Toronto Integration Services Program
Family Day's Toronto Integration Services Program is part of the Every Child Belongs program. We have three full-time Integration Services Coordinators who support children with special needs in home child care and child care centres within Toronto East. This support can include
- Regular visits to programs
- Early identification and intervention
- Individual consultation
- Program consultation
- Staff and provider training
- Program adaptations and environmental assessments
- Service coordination and referral
Parents will be required to complete a parent consent form in order for the consultation process to begin.
A request for services can be made by a centre supervisor, program coordinator or a parent in a licensed program. See our program flyer for more information.
- Child Care Centres in northwest Scarborough
- south of Steeles Ave East, north of Hwy 401/Sheppard Ave East
east of Kennedy Rd., west of Markham Rd.
Jennifer Dantas: 416-430-7407
Child Care Centres in northeast North York
- south of Steeles Ave East, north of Hwy 401
east of Bayview Ave., west of Victoria Park Ave.
Faye Ghassemi: 416-430-7420
Home Child Care agencies in the City of Toronto
- east of Yonge Street
Rakhee Gill: 416-430-7415
Children with Special Needs
Family Day welcomes children with special needs in all our programs. In our Toronto Home Child Care Program we offer Integration Services to families with children, from birth to 18 years, who have diagnosed special needs.
- Our Early Childhood Specialists partner with caregivers to provide an integrated program in a home setting.
- Our goal is to provide each child with a rich, stimulating program suited to meet each child’s learning and developmental needs.
- Caregivers are carefully selected and have ongoing training to work with children who have special needs.
- Caregivers have current CPR/First Aid training.
- Our Integration Services team partners with the family to provide support in:
- connecting families to other community services
- accessing available resources like child care subsidy, special services at home and more
- developing individual program plans for each child